The hardest part about this recipe was finding the right consistency with the sauce… good luck!
- 8 oz dry farfalle pasta (bow-ties)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 20 oz sliced cremini mushrooms (or whatever mushrooms you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- fresh minced parsley for serving
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about six minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and drizzle in a teeny more oil in your pan.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add the minced shallot, followed by the garlic, mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook until mushrooms are juicy—about five minutes.
- Then, slowly stream in the broth and cream. Add the chicken back to the sauce and bring to simmer for a couple minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and add pasta to the sauce. Add the salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve.