This dish was surprising easy & flexible… I added cilantro-lime shrimp and garlic, and it was surprising delicious and healthy!
- Avocados (1 small avocado per person)
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- ½ chopped red pepper
- ½ cup corn
- ½ chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro + some for garnish
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Sour cream’
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- dash of salt
- Start by toasting the quinoa in a sauce pan for about two minutes until the quinoa starts to smell ‘toasty.’ Add one cup of water or vegetable broth and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover. (To get fluffy quinoa, it’s really important to not stir it, just let it be, keeping a close eye on it)
- Chop the red onion and red pepper and add all the ingredients, minus the quinoa, in a bowl and mix well with the taco seasoning. Once the quinoa is finished, add it to the vegetable mixture.
- To assemble the avocados, begin by cutting them in half, removing the skin and the pit. I also scooped out part of the avocado to make a little room for more stuffing.
- Scoop about ½ a cup of the quinoa mixture into each avocado, more if you can fit it.
- Finish with a little sour cream and some chopped cilantro and serve.